8 tbsp butter, softened
1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
1/2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
1/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
1 tsp fresh sage, minced
1 tsp dried ginger
1-1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup Walden Farms Original Barbecue Sauce
1 whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
1 onion, sliced
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
8 carrots, peeled, cut into 3-inch pieces
8 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch pieces
1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 356° Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, rosemary, oregano, thyme, sage, ginger, salt, and pepper, mixing until well-blended.
- Pat turkey pieces dry with paper towels.
- Rub herbed compound butter all over turkey.
- Combine butter, onions, carrots, celery, and thyme in a large bowl. Stuff the bird with this mixture and place it in a roasting pan. Fold the turkey skin around the neck area to cover the hole and then turn the turkey over and put the remaining carrots, celery, onion in the roasting pan with the chicken broth. Set the turkey breast side up.
- Roast for 1 hour and 20 mins.
- Halfway through the cooking process, grease turkey with barbecue sauce.
- Loosely cover roasting pan with aluminum foil and continue roasting.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit.
- Set turkey aside to rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve turkey with carrots and celery.